Our client had a long term strategic IT solution planned for this project, but needed an efficient, robust, scalable, user-friendly tactical solution in place until the strategic solution was complete, which was expected to be in 18-24 months time.
Current solutions were unsophisticated, heavily manual, and all business logic was held with only a few team members creating huge dependency on individual users.
We were tasked with creating a solution using only existing applications, incurring no additional IT spend from a system or resource perspective. Our specific project goals were:
- Create a robust, user friendly tool for external clients to use to send us fund specific information.
- Automate the upload of this data into a tactical database.
- Use this database to create automated workflows, metrics, and status trackers.
We created a user-friendly, interactive user-form for clients to complete, embedding:
- Complex business logic so that the options on the form interactively changed depending on user selections.
- Data validation logic, eliminating data entry errors.
- Automated return of the data making the process hassle free for the user.
Often data structure in micro projects such as these is over looked, but by controlling the data entry with a user-form, we were able to carefully structure the output of the data so that we could extract maximum value from it, and ensure that any further process steps could use this data as a golden source.
This was particularly important in this project as workflows were going to be automatically generated off the back of the data, so data fidelity was paramount.
The client submission was uploaded into a custom designed SharePoint site that we designed. This upload triggered the following events:
- The data entered a custom SharePoint workflow which ran logic against the data and assigned workflow tasks to the team, sending automated email notifications where necessary.
- The data was added to a SharePoint tracker, giving management full oversight and transparency of all processes and workflows.
- The tracker was linked to an automated dashboard which was added to the SharePoint homepage, giving the team powerful real-time metrics to show progress and highlight action items.
We successfully designed a robust workflow incorporating user-friendly tools and processes, resulting in massive efficiency and cost savings.
- Process heavily reliant on user?
- Simple BAU process?
- Scalable BAU process?
- Embedded data validation?
- Embedded reconciliation checks?
- Business logic applied programmatically?
- Consistent data output?
- Previous Process
- Redesigned EDI Process